Our History

A tiny farming community of less than 1,000 in population, Rowlett gave birth to a church of the Disciples of Christ in 1893, the first church to be organized in this area of cotton, corn, and onions. Part of family farmland was given for the church to have a home in the downtown area of this rural village. Less than twenty gathered in the Big A schoolhouse at that time. The first building was erected in 1894 and completed in 1895, the building serves the church until a new and larger one was built in 1923 on Main Street.

This serves as the church home until 1996 when the church relocated to the corner of Miller and Chiesa Roads, where it still thrives today.  During many of these years, Rowlett remained a small community. In 1960, the population was still just 1,015. The completion of Lake Ray Hubbard in 1971 made Rowlett a lakefront community and growth followed. Rowlett is now home to over 50,000 today… and growing!

We are a church with a long and proud history, built on a strong foundation, yet we remain a young church that is ever-changing and evolving all the time. FCC Rowlett is a community of faith with diversity in age, race, and denomination backgrounds. We focus on spiritual enrichment, family, and community involvement with an eagerness to share God’s message and blessings to all people.

Contents © 2022 Community... Inside and Out! • Church Website Builder by mychurchwebsite.netPrivacy Policy